Riddle: what has 5 sweepers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ihappyru

Ok, so on this live rock in a hole is a tiny creature what I thought might be a Cuttlefish?? It has a tiny white face and a black and red body and has only moved once from one hole to another due to growth, it stays in this hole with only it's face and partly body out for hours to feed or to greet me when I get home. I feed it tiny little bits of fresh clam from a wooden skewer. It has 5, almost clear sweeper tenacles and a tongue that pops out like a balloon and zaps it's food. I have a close object photo-lens on the way and I hope to get some pics. If anyone has any guesses to what this little guy is....:confused:

Are you sure it's not a starfish. Don't most of them have 5 arms? I believe that cuttlefish have 8 arms.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Riddle...

Thanks for the site addy.... very interesting "creepy things" for sure...lol
the little guy I have inside this hole does not behave like any of the worms I have .... he has a bubble-like tongue which zaps food very fast... just like one of those exotic island frogs... tongue comes out very pricise and ...WHAMO! I have a co-worker who is charging his digital underwater cam and i should have pics next week :D

Back