Rio mini skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

burning2nd

just picked up our Rio nano skimmer for the 5.5

figer between the aqua clear and the rio we probly added a gallon or so...

still need a light for the aqua clear. but Ill get back 2 you guys in a few days about that feedback on that skimmer...

Sounds good. I just looked up that skimmer and it looks just like a powerfilter in the design. Let us know how well it works:)

ya, i took a good look at it b4.... its relatively new so i new not really to ask.... i saw some other nano skimmer thing that look like something red sea would make.. but this rio, i think in a few days after hard tweeking (compair 2 a aqua c) im sure ill be able to get someting dark outta it.

after installing last night this morning it had produced some nice dark stuff...

pritty eazy to set, good price (30$)

i give it a 7 outta 10..

(aqua a geting 10-10)

after installing last night this morning it had produced some nice dark stuff...

pritty eazy to set, good price (30$)

i give it a 7 outta 10..

(aqua a geting 10-10)

That's great you are getting skimmate already and dark at that! Usually it takes a while to break in some skimmers and then some take forever to fine tune:)

cool, i've been looking at those for pico reef tanks under 10g, but i was scared to take the rio plunge into hell.
i'll order one for the hell of it now...lol

Attaway Mark!! Use Jon as the skimmer guinea pig this time:p

BTW Jon, when you get some pics of the skimmer in operation, make sure to post some:)

been using the skimmer on a 15 gallon tank for over 6 weeks and it has been working fine. Tank has 12 corals and two fish some sps and lps mixed

150 watt halide, skimmer, heater and PH.

Picture018.jpg

Back