Rio Nano Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I don't have any experience with it. Here's a bump....

Thanks Niki,
According to the feedback left on Marine Depot it gets five stars from all four people who left notes. I suppose that means it works, anybody else?

Tim

Last edited:
I purchased the Rio nano skimmer a couple months ago and have had it running on my 10gal and I thought I would give a report on how it works in case anyone else is thinking of getting one.
I set it up in about 10 minutes and initially had problems getting the flow right, it seemed if I tried to turn up the air to where I thought it should be the siphon broke on the inlet tube. However after I messed with it for a day I decided to leave it alone so it could have time to break in and it started working fine, as long as the air wasn't turned up very high. It took about two days for skimmate to start forming and after a week it was working great. Also after it broke in the pump stopped having problems and I could turn up the air a bit without cutting off flow or filling the tank with micro bubbles.
After two months of operation I am thoroughly impressed with it. I empty the cup about once a week and the skimmate is as dark as anything out of my EV-120 skimmer on my 55. The thing I like the most is its small size, it fits on the back of my 10 without sticking up and looking obnoxious. It does make a bit of noise but not more than the fans in my light fixture so I don't really notice.
The end result is two thumbs up and I highly recommend this little skimmer for nano tanks.:) Maybe I will get a few pictures of it and post them later.

Tim

Back