ro di question on ebay

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Is this a good deal? Why is it so much cheaper than the rest? im assuming its utter crap based on you get what you pay for. are most parts on ro di filter universal, ie could it be worth it to buy and than change out the fittings to a higher quality

http://cgi.ebay.com/Clear-Reef-6st-...20684QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1742.m153.l1262

thanks guys you rock

I don't know, but if they are that good of a deal I will buy one too, he has 10. If you end up buying it please let me know how it does,

thanks,

I purchased a unit from this vendor a while back and have been perfectly happy with it. The filters that it came with work fine. I would argue though that there's really no point in spending the extra money for a larger unit unless you're going to have some serious clean water demands, which according to your tank description, you shouldn't. I'd read once that the smaller (less than 100 GPD) units have a higher rejection rate than the larger RO/DI units; plus the replacement filters will cost more. I've got about 150ish gallons total water volume and my 75 GPD RO/DI unit is way more than enough for regular tank maintenance.
For not a lot more money, you can go to www.thefilterguys.biz and get a unit from them. They are reefers who use combine quality parts and filter media with great customer service and knowlege. It's always a crap shoot with Ebay vendors and customer service if something goes wrong.

Last edited:
I got this unit off ebay and it worked great. I then used the filterguys for replacement filters, also a great experience.
-chris

I discovered this thread too late. Their prices are up across the board. Wonder if there's a less expensive vendor.

30 for shipping? What the hell do they hand carry it?

Lots of these online vendors actually make their money from the shipping. They put a low selling price to draw people in and then make up the profit on the shipping.

I've used the Aquasafe RODI in the past and have been very happy with it.

Back