RO/DI to store/cook LR??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sounds like you shouldn't have any problems. but yeah, it's always a good idea to play it safe and not put non-purified water in the reef, or in with stuff that will eventually go into the reef. might suggest keeping the water warm too.
i may be off base with this, but it's fair to assume that all the critters that are living in our LR, being from the tropics, are not going to be too terribly cold tolerant. it may prevent a mass die off due to water being too cold.
just a thought though.

You are using a salt mix along withthe RO/DI right?

Yea, three things, good water, heater & some movement, if left alone long enough you will require a wc even. treat it as live stock, expensive stock to boot!

I'm using a Rubbermaid 50 gal to store some LR. I am providing circulation with 2 MJ 12s and heat with a spare 250w. I even have a 250w MH for effect. I'm mixing water as I always do for WCs, just wondering if I was wasting RO/DI filters by using filtered water.

Scott

no no you need it for your LR, don't stop that, otherwise you will get a ton of unwanted nasties absorbed into your nice lr, well worth it, keep that rock in good shape, It will be your main filtration when you get that tank set-up.

No thank you for protecting your investment and our hobbies, we need to maintain benefits for our reefs not destruction.

Back