RO/DI unit

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lowes or home depot
You'll want to put one in front of the float so if you hook up to container for mixing saltwater you can turn it off so no water gets in..
Also good Idea to put on in front of the entire system in case you have to work on it or change out filters
I didn't look at what it comes with but I have 3 ballvalves before my holding container in different places..

lowes or home depot
You'll want to put one in front of the float so if you hook up to container for mixing saltwater you can turn it off so no water gets in..
Also good Idea to put on in front of the entire system in case you have to work on it or change out filters
I didn't look at what it comes with but I have 3 ballvalves before my holding container in different places..

which one are you using?

If your on TPU your tds is low. With that unit your paying for bells and whistles. Your much better of with twin 75's if you really have the water pressure to support 150gpd. The filter guys is the place to go to get what you need without the hype and BS.

Don

Forgot to mention if your on TPU you don't need extra chloramine control. You WILL need a higher micron #1 because of the spring and mid winter water shed issues.

Don

thats where I got my 75GPH RO/DI
The filter guys are the best...
I got this one and it is the BOMB diggity

$ 199.00 - OCEAN REEF + 1 FIVE STAGE 75 GPD RO/DI

* All systems are made to order with clear 10" canister housings
* Stage One NSF rated 5 micron poly sediment filter
* Stage Two 5 Micron Matrikx NSF rated CTO/2 Workhorse carbon block
* Stage Three 0.6 Micron Matrikx NSF rated chlorine guzzler carbon block
* RO membrane 75 GPD Dow Filmtec
* Stage Five refillable cartridge with color-changing DI resin
* 100 PSI pressure gauge
* Auto shut-off (Requires Float Valve or Switch To Work)
* Membrane flush valve
* Dual TDS meter
* Quick connect fittings
* Self Piercing Saddle Valve Water Supply Connection
* Drain Connection
* Filter wrench to make cartridge replacement easy

ADD ONS:
# RO BYPASS VALVE $12
# DUAL DI SYSTEM - E-MAIL FOR PRICING
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAL - $5

I just bought a float valve for my holding tank and I was good to go..

Have to agree for service and having questions, TFG's are the way to go. My first RODI unit was from Ebay, I had nothing but problems with it. After a year I chucked it and bought a new unit from TFG's. Very noticeable difference in quality, and it worked out of the box and they are there if and when you need them or have a question. Top notch company

so should i go with the same one mytee did

you just skip the one i wanted because i am paying for stuff i dont need i man i kied that one

yea it works great..
you get the flush valve and the dual TDS and a auto shut off, you just need to get a float valve..
Then get a few fittings from homedepot or lows (the ones we spoke of earlier)

Last edited:
the unit i like has all of those too.It also comes with the float valve. its only $70 more and can make double the water

i got mine for 60 buck on e bay, i hooked up a tds meter and it works great no complaints here

I have the Typhoon Extreme the 150 Gallon with built in TDS meter, handheld meter came with all the hoses needed and float valve basically plug and play all you need is a nice big container to hold your water. Build quality on Air Water and Ice units is sweet!!! Customer service is top notch and.... if you are a PSAS member you get discount. I have nothing bad to say about them and you will be pleased with what you get :)

Last edited:
Back