Ro/di units around seattle

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mrturritos

I am just wondering what people locally use to filter water for their aquariums. It is about that time in the build were I have to get a ro/di and start cranking out water. Just curious as to what people use and how often they have to change their filters to maintain 0-2tds around seattle. Hip hip hooray soft and low tds water!

I get my filters from Bulk Reef Supply or The Filter Guys. I run a sediment filter, two carbon filters, membrane and di resin. I change my filters out the first of july every year. hmm, i guess i better order my filters.

I'm not by Seattle but do have NorthWest water :D. I have a Air, Water & Ice unit and LOVE it. I had a cracked housing and without any questions they send a replacement part overnight mail at no charge. Great customer service.

My TDS from the tap is around 60 and I get O after the RO/DI unit. Its a good practice to change your filters yearly and your DI when you start to get anything over O TDS. Changing your filters yearly will reduce the pressuer on your DI, and the DI is the expencive part to replace.

Here is a link to their site Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Products and answers for your water treatment needs. Aquarium Water Guru

I get my filters from Bulk Reef Supply or The Filter Guys. I run a sediment filter, two carbon filters, membrane and di resin. I change my filters out the first of july every year. hmm, i guess i better order my filters.

Me too! BRS 5 stage/ BRS filters. I always have extra filters on reserve. I change them out on my birthday in October, when I got my unit. DI sooner if needed.

You are on the right track, IMO the Ro/Di filter unit is one of the most important pieces of equipment you can add to your system. Spend as much as your wallet will allow. There are many on the market that work very well. As stated above changing the media once a year is pretty much standard practice across the board.
IMO it is best to get a unit that you will be able to get the replacement media with out having to jump threw hoops.

Man I h8 being out of standard practice... :(
Lol
Rodi is an air water and ice. Ran it for almost two yrs no filter change. Now I'm about do for a membrane change ;)
D

Man I h8 being out of standard practice... :(
Lol
Rodi is an air water and ice. Ran it for almost two yrs no filter change. Now I'm about do for a membrane change ;)
D
Hey, as long as your pulling zero's in your TDS, I'm not sure it matters. If it does matter, then you better get with the program.

Just curious as to what people use and how often they have to change their filters to maintain 0-2tds around seattle. Hip hip hooray soft and low tds water!

I think our state have the best water quality in the nation lol save more money on filters, I haven't changed mine since the date I bought it. still white clear.

I know the TDS varies depending on your locale. It was 25 in Bothell and here in Renton it;s 80. I don't know about Seattle. I am moving to Olalla in a couple weeks and took my TDS meter with me. It's well water and it was at 56, so my RODI should clean that right up.

my ro/di system is in the form of me carring 5 gallon water jugs to and fro the LFS.. It helps me stay in shape cause round is a shape...lol

my ro/di system is in the form of me carring 5 gallon water jugs to and fro the LFS.. It helps me stay in shape cause round is a shape...lol

I am getting too old to do that. I just bought an RODI and solved that problem. I have a TAP Water Filter you can have if you want. You just have to buy another cartridge. I served me well for 2 years and still works great.
Aquarium Water Quality: Tap Water Filter. It is just sitting here doing nothing.

If you live in Kitsap County or are within driving distance of Silverdale, Eric owner of Shark Reef provides excellent FREE RO/DI water. Just bring your own containers. I have had spectacular results with his water, and NO more water makin and hearing the wife compain when it overflows in laundry sink when I forget to turn it off!! Cheers from Port Orchard.

If you live in Kitsap County or are within driving distance of Silverdale, Eric owner of Shark Reef provides excellent FREE RO/DI water. Just bring your own containers. I have had spectacular results with his water, and NO more water makin and hearing the wife compain when it overflows in laundry sink when I forget to turn it off!! Cheers from Port Orchard.

That is great. I have my own 5 stage RODI filter system and I watch it pretty close. Here I know with our water pressure exactly how long it takes to make 3 gallons. I make 4, five gallon buckets up to the 3 gallon level, and I set the timer. Now when I move out there I will have to figure it all out again. It will be well water and I already tested the TDS level and it is at 57 ppm so that's not too bad. I will be visiting Shark Reef on a regular basis when the money and wife allows it, LOL.

Back