RO/DI waste won't shutoff

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Ohhhh no, no more troubleshooting... I wonder where it could be leaking?

Usually a valve or a jg fitting that has to much bend in the hose leaving it.
I did get the bare board versions of the ato tank latches in this morning if your up for some diy. The completed ones are still a week out.
I have to tweak the product discriptions theyre pretty bad but youll get the point.

Don

Thanks Don, at this point I think I can wait for the final version. I know you've done extensive research on TDS creep -- does having one of those auto-membrane-flush valves help at all or do you still recommend a dual float setup like you talked about before?

Thanks Don, at this point I think I can wait for the final version. I know you've done extensive research on TDS creep -- does having one of those auto-membrane-flush valves help at all or do you still recommend a dual float setup like you talked about before?

Doesnt matter. If you were to trash the first 5 minutes to waste then you would be accomplishing close to the same thing. Alot of folks dont like the idea of just wasting the water. Some just like the idea of completely emptying the holding tank. Personaly If I had a holding tank I'd use the latch otherwise I'd go with waste dump.

Anyways check right at all your jg fitting use a flash light. Also check the canisters. Maybe close off the float valves manually like you did before you found the flush valve open. Remove the hose from the flush valve and make sure its closing. Pita but you'll be happy onece you get it fixed.

Don

Back