ro system filters

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cobyb

hello all i have a premier ro tfm 5sv w25 water system and im not sure how often to replace the filters, and where to get replacement filters. i got my tank and everything from a friend a while ago. he does not know much about it either. the reason i have concerns about it now is because it seems like it is starting to produce more water per hour than before, and im sure the filters need replacing. please help
thank you

a sponsor here that many agree are the best is "the filter guys" at thefilterguys.com.

contact them they will tell ya what filters you need :)

Last edited:
I have purchased from AirWaterIce, The Filter Guys and Bulk Reef Supply. All have good prices and excellent customer service.

How much faster is your system making water? RO membranes allow more water to flow through as temperature increases. If you are sourcing your water directly from the cold water pipe you should see some increased flow when comparing the performance in the middle of winter versus now.

Do you know if you are you running the membrane that was originally included with the system? The reason I ask is that the stock membrane is only rated at 25 gallons per day.

https://www.wattspremier.com/products.php?product=Five-Stage-%285SV%29-Reverse-Osmosis-System

My first RO system was rated at 50 gallons per day. On a cold day when the water pressure in my apartment was a little low I thought I was going to drop dead before I made enough RO water to do a water change. :)

If you are thinking of replacing the filters you might also consider going with a membrane that has a higher GPD rating. There are some rejection rate and water pressure requirement differences between RO membranes but all three sites I mention have the details to fill you in.

im not sure how much more its making but is a bit faster. is doing a 3 gallon jug in about 1 hour 15 minutes

I contacted the filter guys when I bought a nice RO unit from a fellow reefer, and based on my location (water quality) and what unit I told them I had. they promptly informed me what filters I would require to replace mine.
good service thus far on an inquiry and from what I hear from several others very happy with their service all in all.

I havent ordered yet, was just recently I inquired....but I hear they ship right out...obviously like anybody you have option to upgrade shipping to 2nd or next day.

I just got a RO/DI filter from them. They are made to order. They built it in a day and shipped it flat rate. I think it arrived in 4 days or something.

Talked at length with Jim on the phone. Really knows his stuff and was extremely helpful in getting me what I wanted. I recommend them. Great prices also.

Back