RODI units...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

One of my older refrence books suggests a good way to get water is to go to the beach, fill up watertight contianers in your car, drive them back to your house, chlorinate the water, dechlorinate it, and then use it. Now thats how you save some $$. =-)

OK, so after getting off the phone with the water poeple(who were jerks BTW) I figured out that there is no way the water bill I got last time was caused by the R/O unit being left on. Here is how the water costs break down:

$2.53 per 100 cubic feet
that means 753 gallons per 100 cubic feet, which becomes about .0033 per gallon, a third of a penny per gallon. my 300 gallon "oops" cost me 1 dollar. Am I doing this right?

Yep, sounds right, Jeff. Even if it was 300g of clean water, that's 1500g, which is only another roughly $5-7.

Any chance it was a broken sprinkler? Leaking toilet? Meter reader error? You make it sounds like it was pretty bad. We get meter reader errors all the time here. One month, our bill is accidentally $300 too high, then the next couple months are free. I'm not so sure it's a "mistake" myself.

hehe, yeah, "mistake".

I think I figured out something after my second call today- they change 3 times as much for sewer as water in non-summer months- they figure all the water you pipe in(and pay for) ends up going down the drain(to the sewer). So all the water I use for evaporation, and all the water I use for my r/o that drains into the lawn, I am being charged triple for beacuse they figure its all going down the drain. Thats total BS in my book...

Back