Rodi

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

like an automatic water changer? cool if yes!!!! I've heard of those

do explain...

That was my first diy semi-auto water changer. Turn the valves one way and it pulls water out of the sump and dumps it in the washer drain. Turn the valves the other way it pulls water out of the fresh mix can and dumps it in the sump.
Pretty simple really, the key is the pump.

Don

Got mine all hooked up last weekend and it works great. TDS going in is 83 and coming out is 0. So it's working good. I only had one small issue the 90 degree fitting going into RO membrane house leaked a little. Took the hose of and gave it few more turns and probelm solved. I would recommend this to anybody looking for a affordable RO/DI unit.

Last edited:
Mine came with a connector that was the wrong thread size for the hose application. :( Home depot here I come

OK, so I got it all setup. bought about 3 bucks worth of hardware, works great. No leaks :)

I don't have a TDS meter so I don't know if its really doing anything. Except that it must have atleast removed Cl because my fish arn't dead! :)

Now that you mentioned it. Where can we ger a reliable TDS meter I found a lot of different models and prices on Ebay,

I would pick a inline version when you do decide to get one. This way you dont have to deal with finding a container that has no dried solids that are going to disolve into the water your testing.

Don

Do you guys who live in cold winter areas (freezing temps) Is your TDS lower when the ground is frozen? I'm just curious if there are certain times of the year when your TDS is at its lowest?

Do you guys who live in cold winter areas (freezing temps) Is your TDS lower when the ground is frozen? I'm just curious if there are certain times of the year when your TDS is at its lowest?

Mine goes down a hair in the winter but I think it has more to do with all the rain we get here.

Don

These units are great......I bought one a little while ago and output is 0.00 on my TDS meter . Only thing I would suggest is to add a valve for shut off if it's not connected to a float . No Complaints .:D

Back