Rod's Food

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

joker577

What are your views on it? I purchased some and my tank went crazy! It's supposed to be better than cyclopeeze

Really nice stuff. I think its not great for SPS but for everything else real nice. My mandrin started pigin out on the stuff the day I put him in the tank.

It's supposed to have stuff for SPS in it to, but I have phytoplex just incase. It says the particle sizes range from 5 microns to 3/8 in. so I think everything benefits.

The Oyster Eggs in it are for the SPS. Phytoplex won't feed SPS as they are carnivores.....some non-photosynthetic corals feed on phyto. However, other corals don't. It's often found in the guts of polyps but it's undigested. (Phyto feeds some animals that spawn and the eggs and sperm can be utilized by corals....so it does indirectly feed SPS).

I personally love Rod's Food.

I like it... some say to avoid it because of the wide variety of foods in the mix, but as long as you have a variety of eaters, it is great.

I recently quit making my own and bought some as the last couyple batches of homemade i ended up wasting a bunch of becasue i let it rot in the fridge.

this stuff is real close to what I was making anyway. As far as it not feeding sps.......It does IMO. fish poo. its whats for dinner.

my only copmplaint is that I think a little too high of a percentage of it is pureed. I only pureed about 10% of the stuff I made and finely chopped the rest, but i like it so far

yeah Barrier Reef sell Rod's food :) .

i really like this food, my fishes go nuts with this food and even some of my lps .

Back