Round 3 moving a tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

khaosinc

the cyborg reefer
I know I live up in the middle of nowhere, but the tank is in Bellingham, Thats not too bad right?

This is going to be try 3 to get a tank out, as people keep canceling, or just plain not showing up to move it after confirming with me an hour before.

OK enough ranting. Its a 260 gallon Acrylic tank, needs to go up some stairs, and the stand is just going to have to come out in pieces. The current owner seems to insist on 4 people to go up the stairs so they don't get damaged, and then in to my truck. I can take it from there. A few people familar with this process and it should take less than 1/2 an hour. Tank is torn down, and off the stand, and already paid for. I really need it out of where it is.

Any one out there feeling strong. With any luck, this is the tank Dave will be upgrading in to, just need to have it out of there, before I have to go at it with a sawzall and move it myself in pieces.

If people actually show up this time, there is still a beer and pizza offer standing.

Fairly flexible on time, evenings toward the end of the week would be ideal.

Last edited:
Im recruiting a couple co-workers, if we can coordinate a time that works for all, still will need more help, and is the Guy gonna let us use the stairs????

on that note any wood workers have an opinion on the best direction to cut this stand if we have too?
kevin suggested horizontal, and drilling and placing "dowels" to refix stand together.

I 1st thought he ment a vertical cut to saw stand in 2 equal pieces, but this does seem the most challenging to repiece together back structurally sound????

For that matter wood/plywood is cheap. east to redo the stand if all else fails.

I think with 4 people we can use the stairs. Tape measure says it will go up them.

The tank itself isn't that heavy... If I still had a sternum, we could have done it last night...

I suppose thursday or friday night would be easiest for people?

Kevin.

For that matter wood/plywood is cheap. east to redo the stand if all else fails.

I think with 4 people we can use the stairs. Tape measure says it will go up them.

The tank itself isn't that heavy... If I still had a sternum, we could have done it last night...

I suppose thursday or friday night would be easiest for people?

Kevin.

Let me know what time Friday night and I will be there for sure.... Plus I would love to meet some locals

Mike

Back