Rowaphos dosage

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

fatjusto

hey everyone, Im looking at starting to use rowaphos on my 6X2X2 in a fluidized bed but wondering what dosage regimen I should follow. I have heard not to use much and to build up??

regards
justo

Hi there. It's true, if you start out with the recommended dosage it can strip the phosphate out of your system too quickly and cause BIG problems for your corals.

I think I've heard/read that you should start with 25% of the recommended dosage and slowly, slowly, work your way up.

Sweet thanks for the reply, I have some rowaphos, however, that doesnt state the dosage on it. I think it was thrown out by my mate.

I have been told by someone to only add 1 tablespoon weekly and build up to around 3. This sounds like very little but does this sound right for the size of my tank?

Justin

Yeah...that seems right.

OK, I am not the expert on this so I'm out of my comfort zone to advise you on the target (end goal) dosage. I wish that someone else would chime in on this. Another approach is to call one of the online vendors that sells Rowaphos and tell them you lost your dosage instructions and need to know how much to use for a 180 gallon system. I do think that 3 tablespoons is too little, but would rather you receive a recommendation from somebody with more experience with this product.

Anybody else have any input?

I simply ran the dosage per the instructions in my phosban reactor and actually had no adverse effects. I have since switched to Pura Complete which I run in my reactor and I'm having/seeing amazing results with.

check out at www.magnavore.com. I purchased from MarineDepot and like I said, I am very happy with the results. I've been running now in my phosban reactor for about a month and half.

PÛRA Complete is an All-In-One media that provides the most complete aquarium pollutant control at low cost.

Blended with 25% PhosLock for total phosphate and silicate control, virgin bituminous acid washed carbon, and cation exchangers for the control of ammonia and heavy metals, PÛRA Complete offers a truly impressive spectrum of activity.

BENEFITS:

Removes phosphate and silicates thus greatly reduces propagation of algae.

Removes large quantities of ammonia and formaldehydes.

Removes copper, arsenic, zinc and other heavy metals.

Removes a broad range of organics like urine, phenols, coloring agents, odors, proteins and residual medications.

Extremely low impact on trace elements and desirable fertilizers like potassium.

Convenient to implement, comes with a 6" x 12" 300-micron media bag.

PURA Complete is fast acting, long lasting, and very effective in reef, marine, planted, and delicate freshwater aquaria. The 8 oz will treat a 50-gallon tank up to 6 months. PÛRA Complete should be used instead of plain carbon, and no additional "specialty media" are necessary to provide total, complete, and cost effective aquarium waste management.

Back