Sad, sad day

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kriswaters

Last edited:
hey i lost my dog 6 months ago she was a collie blue heeler cross she lived to 16 i got her when i was 4 having her put down was the hardest thing i have ever done dogs are special animals we have a puppy now not much of a puppy really now but hes a good dog differnt to my old girl but still a good little dog i dont know if he will live for 16 years but that would be a great thing heres a pic of my old girl Lady and my new little bloke Duke this is a couple weeks after we got him hes not that small anymore also we didnt cut his tail sum prick did and left him at the RSPCA
again sorry for your loss

Rest in peace Lacey!

Kriswaters, tough road ahead! I lost my black lab a few months ago. It was one of the toughest things I've ever had to go through. I still get out of bed in the middle of the night and shuffle my feed around the spot Thunder used to lay. It is an empty feeling that lasts a long time.

From the pictures it is evident that Lacey had a wonderful 13 years!

So sorry to hear about your loss. I always had cats and never wanted dogs, now I have three of them and love them with all my heart. RIP Lacey.

Sorry to hear that. I had to put my German Shepherd down last year. because he had bone cancer. He was only 10 and rescued him when he was close to 3. I would have loved to have him longer than 7 yrs.
Seems we never get enough time with our pets, whether they are 10 or 13 or 18.
I currently have 3 dogs. (a 3 yr old shepherd/mix, a 4 yr old anatolean shepherd/lab mix and a little basenji/ mix) Our female basenji is 13 and we just noticed that she is losing or has lost most of her hearing. You would NEVER know she was that old. She still looks young.
I dread the day she goes as we have had her since she was 1 yr old.

BTW---those are some gorgeous labs. I just love dogs. I would have more of them if I had the room for them. They are the best. You can have the worst day of your life, and your dog will always make you smile.

Regards-

I feel your pain Kris. I had to have my Siberian Husky, Polaris, put to sleep in June 2006. She was 14 and developed diabetes at around 11, went blind from it, then had bad hips and became incontinent. I still miss her and it's been over a year.

I still have my 12 year old Chow mix and I love him so much, but I know he doesn't have many years left in him. He's in great health for now, but 12 is pretty old for a dog.

RIP Lacey :(.

You all are so wonderful for you kind words. Thank you so much.

A little history...Lacey came to us in 1994. She had a litter of 11 puppies in 98'. We kept one of them, Tucker. He is 9 now, and still going strong. Raider is 3...he was the spur of the moment purchase...and now one of my dearest "babies".

For 9 years I had two black labs, for 3 years I had three...now I am back to two. I know Lacey is in a better place...free of the pain that she hid so well from us...she died in our arms. We were with her in her darkest hours and final minutes...she lays to rest now next to a stream she loved to play in.

Thanks again for you support.

Kris

You're a trooper for keeping your spirits up! After reading this I feel like the person who replied just before me.:cry::cry::cry:

I am so sorry, I don't know what I will do without my Buddy.
IMG_0006.jpg

Back