saltwater rotifer start

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Earthgoddess

Anyone have any or know how I can get a saltwater rotifer start?

also anyone who has had experience if you could please share in what you have done to keep them going what kind of bacteria food you use etc.

Earthgoddess said:
Anyone have any or know how I can get a saltwater rotifer start?

also anyone who has had experience if you could please share in what you have done to keep them going what kind of bacteria food you use etc.
Are these something you can keep in a pod motel in your tank? I have read that many fish eat these things...just curious.

Anne

Reed mariculture can fix you up with a starter kit. The real trick to keep them going is not to overfeed. It does take some practice but isnt all that difficult. Petco has some little 1g aga aquariums that work great, you will also need a heater and air pump. besure not to forget to buy the anti ammonia chemical I forget what its called.

Don

Earthgoddess said:
I have freshwater rotifer in gal jars no heat or circulation I guess I should get some tanks

What is a pod hotel?
My husband basically built a box out of egg crating and nylon screening on the inside. I poked some bigger holes in it so that the bigger pods could get in and out---but my hermit crabs, fish, and other critters cannot get into it. Basically it is a "safe house" for pods to live and multiply. Think of it as an in tank refugium. I do have a little bit of macro algae in it--will be getting more at a later date.

Anne

Back