salvaging a sps

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thanks for the reply, i've got more of the other seafood than shrimp since I bought the shrimp first. could i make another batch without shrimp and it be ok? I won't be eating the stuff for sure! Since its been froze and thawed I don't think i could freeze it again safely.

You can make it without the shrimp. Since the shrimp has been froze and thawed it probably wouldn't be a good idea to use it. Just add extra of the other ingredients to make up for the shrimp.

You'll always have to clean your glass due to algae film, brown or green. As long as it's not growing on the rock or sand bed. If you can go 3-5 days without cleaning your glass of the film that's a pretty good indication that your nutrients are down. Some people may be able to go longer but they have a very nutrient poor tank. To clean and you have slow growth unless your using Zeovit or some other method to feed the tank.

Keep carbon going 24/7, keep your skimmer clean, keep you phosphates in check, do your water changes and don't over feed and your good to go.

Remember this food is very high in protien so be careful not to over feed. It doesn't take much. For your tank, small frags or corals, maybe 5ml per feeding once a week. As your tank grows and matures then you can up the dosages and feed say up to three time a week. As they grow they will be able to use more.

I'd like to say that this is the most disgusting stuff I've made....Anybody who does this must love their reef! The smell....LOL

I'd like to say that this is the most disgusting stuff I've made....Anybody who does this must love their reef! The smell....LOL

Oh come on now..:D Take a big nice deep breath, in thru the nose out thru the mouth. HMMM don't you just love it? Remember its for the love of the reef, your corals will love you for it.......:razz:

One other thing, when I mentioned low nutrients, meaning very low, it can also cause your colors to be light or fade. Nutrients are a good thing to a point....

Back