sand again... and a free frag

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

60lbs - 4x15lbs bags.

Fiji pink is rated at 90lbs/ft3, for the dimensions of 30in X 12in X ~3.25in = 60.93lbs :)

Yeah, I tried the math too... while it seems to make perfect sense, it was totally incorrect....

Oh so this is a trick question...
answer is "too darn heavy"!

Chick arms *sigh*
Hard to carry sand with your legs when your chick arms aren't cooperating with getting it up on to your shoulder. All the strong gentlemen here would likely scoff at my whining.

There is one thing I've said that could kind of be noted as a 'trick' ..by omission I suppose......

Going to close this little pseudo contest/guessing game thing down at around 7 PST... posting that more for people interested in the answer than anyone else... but, last chance.. LOL

So the trick by omission was that Scooterman was right even though I didn't tell him so, and just told him is logic was flawed. His corrected guess is the one on record, and not correct. If you check the contest rules and regulations that were handed out to you at the begining of the thread you'll note that the winner was only recieving the crappy little prize with local pickup anyway. So, unless Scooterman plans on a Seattle trip sometime soon, I think we'll just crown him with second place... and yes, I whined about having to carry 40 whole pounds.

Therefore, the winner is.... DBM Reef with 37 pounds. Its a 40 pound bad of dry Carib Sea Figi Pink.
That works out to about 12.3 pounds an inch for this tank. Online calculators were telling me 90 pounds to get to 5 inches, so, that mean the calculator is off by 90-(5*12.3)=28.5. (no, I don't think the overflow will hold 25 pounds of sand) and my guess is that they don't work (nor the math that dawguy used) because they assume live/wet sand, although I couldn't say for sure.

DBMReef - your pick of the frags below. Let me know which one and where you'd like to meet up (PM is probably best) If you'd like to for go the 'prize', pass it to the next (lowest without going over) please. (and so forth on down) Links to what is available here: http://www.reeffrontiers.com/threads/68674-Looking-for-Cheato-WTB-WTT?p=713766&viewfull=1#post713766

Thats all for this episode of 'stock that fuge', check your local listings for the upcoming pilot of 'why is this macro dying?'

I shortened it twice for Carla, was thinking I was going to have to put it on tape and mail it.

Back