say goodbye to my mandarin and gramma

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

SaltyTemple

Well it seems that the infurriating ich which hasn't killed my hippo tang, wiped out my mandarin dragonet and royal gramma. I am very sad today. :( These were my first established deaths. I am particularily sad about my mandarin because he ate formula 2. sigh. :(

On the bright side, the rest of the crew look great and my Hippo has been spot free for about two weeks. Now I've decided to keep pristine tank conditions to help them fend off the evil Cryptocaryon irritans. Get my RO working overtime!

I hope you all are having great luck with your tanks! :)

Sorry to hear the bad news. Is this from the chromis you were complaining about a while back? Or have I confused you with someone else...

I think you are confusing her with me. I had ich and it killed my hippo tang.
I decided to move all fish to quarantine to clean the tank just in case, but there's one chromis that is not willing to move to the 'hotel'.
It's been two weeks now since I started to try to catch him.

yup, those dang chromis.

I have learned a lot. Like, don't trust meds! Do what the peeps on RF tell you to do! Don't give up and let the zippy little buggers stay in the tank, be persistent and net them into QT!!!

Or just start with QT...

ya, i got ich with my $6 royal gramma off of reeftopia, forunately i suppose it's only claimed the gramma's life and not more, i moved him out reasonably quick but not at the first signs either, that was my QT lesson

Kensn! It has been too long old friend! That's why I messed up! You haven't been around to keep me in line :rolleyes:

Oh sure... now it's all MY fault...LOL

p.s. What some Xenia?

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear about that Shauna :(

How has the champ Clarkii clown fared?

Best,
Ilham

I totally agree! But I want to wait at lease a month from the last signs of ich. I don't want to risk adding anyone who could get sick. Better safe than sorry!

Back