Say Something Bad

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

So you would go with ARO ballast over PFO and IceCap

I have AROs on my display and PFOs on my frag tank and would personally choose the AROs over the PFOs based solely on the price difference. As far as the icecaps go, I have no experience with them.

I wouldn't hesitate to buy it. I'm 4 of the same ballasts, reflectors and bulbs on my 180. The only difference is that I went with PCs because I had them allready but wish I would have gone with the T5s. Also, if you do go that way you can get a 5% discount by using the code rconly5po.

Dont you just know how to sweeten a deal! Well once again I have a great idea to go propose to my better half! lol....

What reflectors are affordable upgrades? So dont get that retro-kit or just upgrade the reflectors.

and

What is a good prices for a reef-ready 90 gal aquarium with pine stand and pine canopy from your LFS? (Is $1200 good)

What reflectors are affordable upgrades? So dont get that retro-kit or just upgrade the reflectors.

and

What is a good prices for a reef-ready 90 gal aquarium with pine stand and pine canopy from your LFS? (Is $1200 good)

I dont know about the tank price. The lights you could get two lumenarcs, two aro ballast and two bulbs. This would be a very good dependable setup.

Don

I bought the package!!! Hooray, MH's here i come, finally. And thanks DonW. when I save some money I will upgrade to the lumen's... thanks for all yous guys's help!

I bought the package!!! Hooray, MH's here i come, finally. And thanks DonW. when I save some money I will upgrade to the lumen's... thanks for all yous guys's help!

Just make sure you check and even recrimp the rivets, they tend to want to fall apart. You dont want the glass to fall out and break in your tank.

Don

Thanks Don!

I just am glad the MH debate is over, whether I made the best buy or not, its over, no more debating about what brand/watt/setup to go with.

Now im going to have to start a "Where do you keep your ballast" thread.....

silly question i dont know anything about lights..... are these lights going to be too much for the corals we currently have? (pagoda cups, xenia, zoos, variety of mushrooms, some type of leather, kenya tree)

silly question i dont know anything about lights..... are these lights going to be too much for the corals we currently have? (pagoda cups, xenia, zoos, variety of mushrooms, some type of leather, kenya tree)

You will be fine. Some stuff may need to go down low but for the most part. The hqi reflectors are going to cause light loss due to the fact that they are more directed rather than spread out. You would just move the low light critters out to the edges. They really fall short at about 12" of water depth which may be about perfect for a mixed tank.

Don

Back