Scotts mixed reef.Suggestions?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

baseballkid5

Scotts Reef
The Tank is a 75 gallon AGA with Megaflow. Skimmer is a Tunze 9010 with an Eheim 1262 return pump external,2 Little fishies Reactor With Carbon and Phosphate remover from Barrier Reef.Inside the tank are 2 K4s on either side of the tank.

Livestock around 120+lbs of LR. 2 misbar Percs,2 true percs from fragman. 1 Large Rbta Hides behind the Leather on left side of tank.1 Purple tang,1 Tomini tang,1Blue Jaw Trigger,2 cleaner shrimp,1 fire shrimp,1 peppermint shrimp.40 plus astrea snails,20+ Nasarius snails.4 Turbo snails, 20+ blue leg hermits. Sump Refugium 25 lbs live rock 10 astrea snails, chateo cpr sump/refugium with cpr light.

Corals not good with names on some. 6-7 diff zoas, Yellow polyps,green star polyps, Pink Leather, Green finger leather 2 brownish leathers,1 duncan thats sprouting a small one on the side. Orang digita i think is the name on the frag rack.With Australian red Acan and Green Acan. Purple rimmed cap Green Cap and Red Cap. Pom Pom Zenia and Pulsating zenia. 6-9 heads of ricordia orange purple and green.1 green branching Hydnophora on frag rack. Hammer coral. And one other branching pink leather in middle of tank.

Most of everything came from Barrier with a few exceptions of some local reefers.
Feeding a mixture of Green seaweed,Mysis,Brine/Spirulina/Formula 1 and 2Artic pods and Hikari soft pellets also roti feast. Tank has been going for 2-3 years was a Fowl for quite awhile till i got the itch to get back to the Reef.

Any Suggestions or Comments are Appreciated Like corals to add or small fish.
Thinking of adding a small Gobie and Pistol shrimp?
Thanks For Looking Dont have a great camera so i took the photos from my Iphone.

Attachments

• IMG_0432.JPG
    IMG_0432.JPG
    85.4 KB
  • IMG_0435.jpg
    IMG_0435.jpg
    69.2 KB
  • IMG_0436.jpg
    IMG_0436.jpg
    68.7 KB
Looks good, got alot of color in there. Is your 75 a reef ready 75. I was trying to look for the overflows. I also have a 75 and well equipment is every where I like the way you have hidden everything.

The 75 is The Aga with Megaflow. The Overflow is to the left of the Locline return. And the K4s are On Both sides and they blend in Pretty good.Thanks for the compliments.

I got to visit Scott's house today and check out the tank. Not too shabby for being your first reef tank. Look's like you've got everything nailed down and as long as you keep your parameters in check this tank is going to amazing in a short time. I loved the acans and I'm wondering why you don't have them down on your rock somewhere?

All your fish were fat and happy. I especially love the two tangs that are perfect for your tank. Don't let anybody tell you different.

Next thing you know you'll be adding halides and a chiller so that you can add SPS.

I really appreciate the generator loan too. Hopefully I don't need it this weekend. I definitely owe you.

matt

Updated Tank Pics and Misc

Some updated Pics and stuff.
Ive added a few small guys to the tank. A nice Leopard Wrasse, Copperband who Loves Aptasia,Yellow watchman Goby. And i put in 1 pistol shrimp and somehow ive got 2 now living under the same rock with the Goby pretty sweet! I also put in a nice sea hare to help with some of the crappy hair algae and such and hes doing some nice work. Been collecting misc zoas and stuff. Thanks Andy Wa Coral. Same fish from the beginning just took out a couple percs. Im trying out a new skimmer an octopus 110 seeing how it compares to the Tunze 9010 which seems to skim well for 2-3 days then cant pull much. So just trying something new. So far so good. Main problem ive had with this tank is Green Hair algae and Bryopsis hence the Sea hare and the Scribbled rabbit size of a 50 cent piece for now. Hope to get this under control within a few months. Water changes every week or 2. 10-15 gallons change the carbon and Phosphate remover every 2 weeks or so. One thing i dont do is Dose with anything at all. Just water changes. So maybe thats part of my Algae problem. Also looking to buy an Mp 40 for Flow to make sure theres no Deadspots. Thats all i can think of for now.

Last edited:
Back