Scratches in a glass tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

There is a type of knife that you can buy especially for removing siliconed glass. It is really long,kind of wide and really thin but not razor sharp as it doesn't need to be. I know of these as I used them at my old job where I installed frameless glass. Unfortunately I can't say where to buy them as they were supplied by my work but maybe ask someone at a local hardware store.

Sorry i haven't updated this thread in a while everyone ive been busy with work and setting up a new home im going to rent this month. Heres some pictures of what ive got done on the tank so far. You can see that i replaced the front pane,(with the starphire) and finished the tank of with a stainless steel euro brace.. I also started on the frame and after this week i'll be moving it all to the new house and testing it for leaks.
All the rock is ordered from the lfs and it should be up and ready for salt in two week from now. thanks for waiting! :)

frankie its great to see it is coming around. I like that overflow. keep the pics coming i am looking for ideas on an inwall.

Eurobracing looks good! Look forward to the next update!

Back