Screwing with aptasia

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cyberdeth

Yesterday I was noticing my Kenya was shrunk like Spring fishing in a river. Close to it was a quarter size head of aptasia. I poked at it and watched it retreat into a hole on the rock. I had an empty plug in the tank and stuck it in the hole. This morning that damn piece had worked its way out under the plug but was no longer attached. He was taken very easily and disposed of.

CD - 1
Peppermint Shrimp - 0
Aptasia - -1

-CD :)

I found one on a smaller rock, pulled it out, covered its hole in super glue and bye-bye aiptasia! ;-) Have done it before and works flawlessly. Can't figure out how to do the same to the one on bigger rock. May have to go for some of the other remedies I've seen listed. Love the superglue thing though, so quick and easy :)

That makes mine;):

Me - 2
Aiptasia - 1

Yesterday I was noticing my Kenya was shrunk like Spring fishing in a river. Close to it was a quarter size head of aptasia. I poked at it and watched it retreat into a hole on the rock. I had an empty plug in the tank and stuck it in the hole. This morning that damn piece had worked its way out under the plug but was no longer attached. He was taken very easily and disposed of.

CD - 1
Peppermint Shrimp - 0
Aptasia - -1

-CD :)

Joe's Juice always works for me either that or get Trido to come over with his aptasia burner. *lol*

Wow thats insane. Someone is going to build one of those wrong and kill themselves.

To really get rid of them its Joes Juice and 1 Peppermint shrimp. You need the pep to get the really tiny ones you can see. Too many papps and they get aggressive and will eat your lps.

Aptasia-X works first time for me especially on those real large ones.
I hated to have to kill since my pep's din't like the taste of large aptasia.
just shut off the water movement, make the injection and theyr'e gone.
I also bought a long but small pipet so I could draw up the stuff and inject w/o getting my hands wet.

Aptasia-X works first time for me especially on those real large ones.
I hated to have to kill since my pep's din't like the taste of large aptasia.
just shut off the water movement, make the injection and theyr'e gone.
I also bought a long but small pipet so I could draw up the stuff and inject w/o getting my hands wet.

Off subject and hijacking my own thread...

Is that the Marineland 70g corner tank in your avatar?

Back