Sea Apple expelling something... what is it??

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

dmbusha

I've had this Sea Apple for about 4-5 months now. Have had no problems and kept a close watch. But tonight when I got home from work I noticed this small ball-like thing sticking out of its anus. I know its not toxic tubules because those are spaghetti-like and sticky. I tried to pull it off (gently!) but its definitely stuck or coming from the inside.

I've searched threads and other sites to no avail. Anyone know what this is???

I had a sea apple once, and only once as it did a little expelling and killed everything in my tank. I would move it to a QT tank if possible just to be sure.

i would toss it....those things can wipe out your entire livestock and you could have to start over!!!!

Oh, man! why would you toss it? Quarantine, give away, take back to the store but not toss! That was probably a poop sack or an egg sack... And I don't mean to be critical, but if you are ready to toss an animal because it is to risky, please please don't get another one!

here is what u do look in the mirror punch yourself repeatedly then say I will never buy another because I hear people tell me how they lost everything dont want that to happen to me and reach over wave goodbye and flush.
I caught mine dying did a 50% water change and 10% every day for a week and still stuff died

Back