sea hare

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mark peacock

marine67
I bought a sea hare about 2 weeks ago and today looks like its dead not moving at all but looks ok if you understand does not look sick just motionless but was eating loads and there is still a lot of alge left so its not like its starving any one come across this i do not want it to release any toxins so i am abit worried:|

They are a leisure creature. Mine is nocturnal and moves very little during the day.

I think that sea hares are very similar in activity as the nudibranchs. I have a lettuce nudi and it moves around some but then it will stop and not move for a whole day. I usually do as curtswearing said and let it crawl along my arm if it has been to long.

Alex

it has not moved all day still not moving bu when i touch the ears well i think they are ears they seem to start to go in but very slowly but the back of the hare is weird here are the pics :(
the back looks like its trying to have an egg never seen this before its between the air hole and to the poo hole

That is a cut. Mine just cut itself on its belly and has been doing the same thing. Leave him some algae sheets where he is most comfortable and let him heal.

Back