Seattle Aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

If you've never been, it's definitely worth visiting! Be aware that most of the exhibits are from animals native to the waters off the coast of the Pacific Northwest. You won't see a lot of tropical exhibits, though there are a few.

Also, from what I've heard, they've actually expanded their tropical reef exhibits, since I was there last. We've been there a few times, and I plan to try and make another trip there, this summer.

Another good public aquarium is at Point Defiance Zoo/Aquarium, in Tacoma.

Actually i'd say about half of the aquarium is now tropical reef. They switched their whole first building to reef stuff, with the exception of the tidal touch pool and Pacific giant octopus.

ClamDisplay_3910.jpg

ReefTankClams.jpg

lol yeah, i think mine is from around the same year. Its even bigger now...

Funny, I had someone come into the shop and tell me that was their clam. I was like Wow really? I've watched that thing grow for years...

I think it is a great place. I live in Spokane and try to go every time i'm over there!!!!

I think the Seattle Aquarium is a great place to visit. I'm due for a visit to see how the corals are growing out.

Do go for a visit! I haven't been since April of '09 but receive their mailers. I was reading that they've expanded their reef exhibit and that many of the items are seized from illegal smuggling of items?? something like that.

Wow! Their SPS tank with that monti is looking good!. I visited the aquarium right after that tank was set up two years ago and it was pretty baren. I guess its time for another visit.

Maybe wrong thread to promote but PSAS should link up with the aquarium. I met the marine mammal curator on a ferry ride across to Bremerton a couple weeks ago and she was quite engaging. Maybe a meeting place?

I stopped by the aquarium and you guys are right. It's amazing now, my wife and I loved it!

Back