Secret for crystal clear water

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Diatom Filter
and keeping your hands outta the tank... move or changeing the flow from time to time... might take days to fully clear up... but it really should be clear in a few hours.

Thanks for the feedback... looking at the website I can not find a model of diatom filter that states it is rated for a 175g tank. I saw in a magazine that the D1 model is rated for up to 75g tanks. Does anyone know wich model will work for me?

I use an oceanic canister filter with a 25micron cartridge to do the trick in my tank.
Works great and can be added to the sump and only turned on once in a while. mine runs off a timer that runs it for 12hrs every Friday night so I have a clear tank for the weekend :D
and it has a 36w UV built in so when I add new livestock I can pull the filter and let it run as a very large UV unit :p

It may all depend on what you're trying to remove and how bad it really is. If it's detritus and such sure---get it out but---and this is something to think about--have you ever went snorkeling and seen crystal clear water? Oceans, Seas, Bays etc all have allot of suspended particulates that are vital to sustaining life. If our tanks are a reflection of the real world, then well----:)

Back