Seen the new Lumenarc's w/ black reflector

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I wonder if the glass on the mogul pendant is uv protected? (not really necessary) If so thats seems like a waste of PAR, though I wonder if uv protected glass blocks more PAR than regular glass? I like the idea of only cleaning a glass lens rather than having to clean bulbs every week (I'm always nervous about damaging them) but I would think there would be a significant drop in intesity. Also, has anyone seen a comparison in performance between the baby lumenarc and the sulight supply mogul lumenmax pendant?

The SE lamps are UV protected just built into the lamp, don't think you will get a difference in PAR because of that, other than that fact you need to keep the glass clean on either one.

I know the SE lamps are already protected, I was just wondering beacause on the Reef Lighting Page I noticed a big drop in par when comparing sheilded or not sheilded with the double ended bulbs. I just figured it might do the same to a SE bulb:confused:

I know the SE lamps are already protected, I was just wondering beacause on the Reef Lighting Page I noticed a big drop in par when comparing sheilded or not sheilded with the double ended bulbs. I just figured it might do the same to a SE bulb:confused:

could you post a link to that reef lighting page you were talking about, por favor. I'd like to check it out.

I've also recently discovered that you can get these two big 'ole circular air vents on the sides so you could plumb some exhast fans into each side (BR got 'em like that). that sounded like an excllent idea for heat control, but I'm wondering how those impact the reflection abilities of them too?

Ben,

Here is the link to the Reef Lighting Page:

http://www.reeflightinginfo.arvixe.com/

I was lucky enough to take a lighting class by Sanjay. I was amazed with the amount of information I learned. If you ever get an opportunity to take one of his classes. Do it !!

Kirk

That page is AWESOME! I'd be lost without it:D I kinda wish there were some updates as far as new reflector designs and the difference in ouput they create

Back