Seio Controller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rocket

Tahoma
OK, Ive searched the forums and various websites about the controller, but I have a question. Does the controller alternate flow between the two pumps (one at 100% while the other is at 50%) or do the pumps ramp up and down in unison?:?:
And is it worth the money?
I have a 75g with one 1100 so far and 2 MaxiJet 1200, I plan on adding another 1100.
Nathan

It is called a wave machine so alternating wave action would be the order. and for users of SEIO pumps it is well worth the money. It has 2 presets for feeding and a duration of alternation of 8 sec to 30 minutes. Nice little unit for the bucks.

Thanks Bob! I see you carry them and at a great price too! When Im ready (have the dough) Ill put in a order.

Oh thanks for the complement, Just so ya know I was answering your question, I wasnt pitching them, I truly believe they do the job needed.

Respectfully Bob, you are incorrect on this controller. It is not a wave machine nor promoted as such. It powers both powerheads at the same time. It alternates between full power and 50% power which creates turbulence. The times are programmable. It also has feeding mode preprogrammed. A good unit, but I await an updated model which alternates power between the units.

Respectfully Bob, you are incorrect on this controller. It is not a wave machine nor promoted as such. It powers both powerheads at the same time. It alternates between full power and 50% power which creates turbulence. The times are programmable. It also has feeding mode preprogrammed. A good unit, but I await an updated model which alternates power between the units.

Not only that it slow's the pump down and does not just turn off,it saves the pump,not like a wave maker that shut's completly off.:cool:

Ahhh ok, thats what I wondered. Glad to know for sure. Thanks fishy fishy! Still, it sounds like a good addition to my tank.

I have one and my only complaint is that you can definately hear the pumps ramp up and down. I agree that it is definately worth the money and a nice fairly inexpensive alternative to the tunze's imo.

My Bad and you are absolutely correct. I stand corrected. Thanks

I have one and my only complaint is that you can definately hear the pumps ramp up and down. I agree that it is definately worth the money and a nice fairly inexpensive alternative to the tunze's imo.

If you heard all the sound from my tank, these are quite LOL:eek:

If you heard all the sound from my tank, these are quite LOL:eek:

LOL...I will say though that I've noticed(as well as a few others that I know that also have the controller) that the longer duration that you set the pumps for the less noticible the ramping noise is. If that makes any sense whatsoever.:D

After a month or so, I don't hear it any more at all.:)

Back