seio powerheads ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

emilsanto

:confused: can you turn down or ajust the amount of flow on the seios.
if any one can help me on this i would be greatfull

i havent bought any yet. but i want to i bought a aquavista 3300 but it is just to dam bulky.

Last edited:
There should be a blue knob on top. Turn counter clockwise (If I remember right) to turn flow down.

emilsanto said:
:confused: can you turn down or ajust the amount of flow on the seios.
if any one can help me on this i would be greatfull

copepod said:
There should be a blue knob on top. Turn counter clockwise (If I remember right) to turn flow down.

mmkeeper is right. You can adjust the flow by opening or closing the inlet slits. Or as mmkeeper put it, by turning the inlet baffle. I had no idea what baffle meant until just now. The blue knob is to control air intake for a venturi. I'm sure it will probably affects the flow as well.

I want to piggy back on this thread. I have two new seio's, every once and while they will make gurgling sound and create a whirlpool and shoot out a bunch of bubbles. Any ideas?

Last edited:
Oh that's right. I forgot until I just looked at mine. Take off the strainer and turn the base of the pump to close the slits up some.

Alpental said:
mmkeeper is right. You can adjust the flow by opening or closing the inlet slits. Or as mmkeeper put it, by turning the inlet baffle. I had no idea what baffle meant until just now. The blue knob is to control air intake for a venturi. I'm sure it will probably affects the flow as well.

Mine does that if I take it out of the water. When I first put it back in it sprays a bunch of bubbles for a couple seconds so my guess would be that you are getting air into it somehow.

mmkeeper said:
I want to piggy back on this thread. I have two new seio's, every once and while they will make gurgling sound and create a whirlpool and shoot out a bunch of bubbles. Any ideas?

mmkeeper said:
It pulls a whirlpool above it to the pump and then it makes the noise and shoots the bubbles.

Mine does the same thing. One of them I just moved a couple inches lower in the water. And the other I put a small piece of duct tape over the top 1/6 of the inlet slots. I'm sure it will cut down the flow a small amount, but untill I hear a better solution to keeping them closer to the surface, it'll work for now.

Mine did the same thing. Just moved them a little further down. (1/2 inch or so). Then pointed it back up towards the surface a lilttle to agitate it some.

Definately...Just turn the section with the "slits" and close it a bit to adjust the flow. Have fun...They are really nice powerheads:)

Back