seio size ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

mellowhead

I am starting my sps tank, which will actually house a little more than SPS:rolleyes: and need some opinions for a standard 125g tank. I have some good flow now, but need a little more to keep all spots in the tank including rockwork clean, but just to the point where I do not have any noticeable sand blowing everywhere. I am considering adding 2 seio 1100 but am not sure. Do I want 2, one on left and one on right, facing each other. or do I want both on the back wall facing towards the front. And if I go with the back to front setup should I go with the 820's instead in fear of an all out sand storm. o I want something that will provide me with high, random, spreadout flow as opposed to something like my locklines. Does anyone have any of these setup in their 125g so I can actually see what these things put out.

Thanks, MH:D

I would think that minimum of a pair of 1500's
I have 2 in my 240 soft coral tank now.

I have a 1500 running on my 90 gal. It is mounted on the end of the tank pointed towards the other end. It does pretty good and doesn't move the sand around.

HTH,
Kevin

I would think that minimum of a pair of 1500's
I have 2 in my 240 soft coral tank now.

I have a 1500 running on my 90 gal. It is mounted on the end of the tank pointed towards the other end. It does pretty good and doesn't move the sand around.

HTH,
Kevin

Thanks I was worried. I have heard they have a gentle flow, but have never seen one up and running. So you think 2 1500 should be sifficient? Also what seems to be the best/preferred mounting position since they come with so many.

MH

Hi mellowhead: I have 2 seio 1100's in my 90g, plus 2 maximod 1200's. The 2 seios are positioned at the top, one on the left & one on the right. They are pointing towards the front glass, approx 30 degrees towards the center. They are angled slightly downward (maybe 5 degrees), however I have to be careful how much down otherwise they will kick up the sand. I am using magnet mounts, as suggested in another reply above. I recently put the 2 seios on the seio controller, too!

My 2 maximods are along the bottom, left & right side, pointed upwards.

Here's a FTS, since a picture is worth a 1000 words :D (the maximods aren't visible, except for the powercords running down to them)

90-FTS.jpg

Good luck!
rob

Back