senji's first led build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

senji

building an led fixture for my sps tank. this thing is going to look sexy. lets first start with the specs. then ill video tape the all stages of the build.
the tank its for is a 20g 24"x 12"x 13"d. my list of things orderd today are

my list for 20g 32 led build

from rapidled.com
10 cool white xp-e
14 royal blue xt-e
6 blue xp-e
2 green xp-e
5g thermal grease
2 eln-60-48p d drivers
1 led tester
2 3 prong power cords
30' #20 AWG stranded black wire
10' #20 AWG stranded red wire
20' #20 AWG stranded blue wire
total 227.45 free shipping

reefledlights.com

Reef Optics Housing
2 Arctic F12 Fan Kit
Hanging Kit
18? “Mars” Heatsink Splash Shield
18×8.46 Drilled and Tapped Heatsink Anodized Black
4 fuse holders and fuses
4 5w 1ohm resistors
32 Carclo XP/T Ripple Wide Optics,BJB Solderless Holder Mount
32 BJB Solderless LED Connector,4-40 Allen Head screws
total 396.55 free shiping

boostled.com

typhon led controller kit
total 69.00 after shipping

grand total 691.00

i know i need wire shrink tube connectors and a small project box.

see u all when i receive the stuff in the mail. i will be recording this build for all who needs help.

this a 32 led build the most expensive part is the housing as it will be totaly exposed

Nice, looking to see how yours goes. I also placed and have received my parts to do a similiar build. Mounted my leds this weekend and did all wiring soldering. As I am using a quick disconnect between the heatsink and drivers, my next part is just soldering up between the drivers, quick disconnect and to the DIY 2 color dimming kit. Should be able to fire it up and tune the driver mid week.

So doing 2 setups, 1 is 24 leds on one of ther 1.4"x48" heatsink ( main tank ) and 12 leds on a 1.4"x18" for the nano tank. GL!

im building 40 leds on 1 18" heatsink and controlled digitally on a typhon controller. and mine will be all solderless and molex connectors to the drivers.

also fyt the digital controller was only 30 dollars more and will mimic sunrise and sunset

Talking with a few others that have used that boostled typhoon kit, it seems pretty sweet. I've read through the code that they are using ( linked on the site ) and it seems pretty easy to adapt for our uses. Looking forward to see how that goes!

i ordered everything off 3 diff sites cant wait for it all too arrive hopefully will start build on wed and finished this weekend i got lots of frags in need of this led, the 150w halide just aint cutting it and raising my temps way to high. in getting anxious.

orders from rapid and the controller came today now waiting for the 1 from reefled, says friday soo long omg.

That's a lot of light for a 20g but I have 48 for a 50g cube lol. Going to be nice to see all of those spectrum lighting up your tank.

i did 40 leds just in case the 34 solana when its finished gets to hot during the summer with the the mh that is currently on the 20g.

every thing arrived today other than case and slash shield but have enought to start build yay. 1st video shot and will be posting shortly pls excuse my nervousnes and messups im no perfesional actor lol.

Glad to hear that everything showed up, and that you are ready for building. Looking forward to seeing the lights over the tank. Keep us updated..........

i have tons of pics to post and an intro video. having allot of fun with this project and a big thank you to eww for all the help today and the help tomm. as for now ima go play some more, will post pics when im not so involed night yall.

buisy day today with fixing rachels light and takeing people over the mountains when i get home tonight ill post every thing

and now the pics

046.jpg

044.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

045.jpg

SAM_3520.jpg

SAM_3519.jpg

SAM_3521.jpg

SAM_3525.jpg

SAM_3524.jpg

SAM_3523.jpg