Setting My Electronic Temperature Control ( Ranco)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zulreef

Hey,

Does anyone know how to program the Electronic Temperature Control ( Ranco) in my 1/2 chiller?

To set it at
F
D1
C1

What do I do?

Ranco manual

Hold on Zul I go & get my manual i have the same controler

zulreef said:
Hey,

Does anyone know how to program the Electronic Temperature Control ( Ranco) in my 1/2 chiller?

To set it at
F
D1
C1

What do I do?

program the Electronic Temperature proceedure

OK Zul: Here we go.
1.Press set key once to access the Fahrenheit/Celsius mode. Press up or down arrow to select which you like to monitor your temp with.

2. Press set key again to access the set point S1 should be blinking. Press up or down arrow to select desired set point.

3 Press set key again to access the set point Differential D1 Ranco recommends 2 degrees

4 Press set key again to access cooling or heating mode I am guessing you have a single controller from what you have typed earlier.select C1 to enable the controller to operate cycling of the chiller...

Happy chilling Zul:D :D :D :D :D :D ...Jeff

zulreef said:
Hey,

To set it at
F
D1
C1

What do I do?

The Apprentice said:
OK Zul: Here we go.
1.Press set key once to access the Fahrenheit/Celsius mode. Press up or down arrow to select which you like to monitor your temp with.

2. Press set key again to access the set point S1 should be blinking. Press up or down arrow to select desired set point.

3 Press set key again to access the set point Differential D1 Ranco recommends 2 degrees

4 Press set key again to access cooling or heating mode I am guessing you have a single controller from what you have typed earlier.select C1 to enable the controller to operate cycling of the chiller...

Happy chilling Zul:D :D :D :D :D :D ...Jeff

Jeff,

Thank you very much for the helping.:D :D :D .

My 1/2 chiller is doing great. It is running between 79.0-80.7.
This is what I have set the controller at
F
D1
C1

Is this OK?

Zul

Last edited:
Is this OK?

I would hope so, Zul I run mine just a little cooler at 77 DEG. I have read and seen this Temp posted alot. A 1/2 HP chiller is quite the Monster you should never have any problems with heat! have a good evening my friend...Jeff
P.S. saw the Pictures that Orange shoulder is very nice looking, your going to have post some shots!

zulreef said:
Jeff,

Thank you very much for the helping.:D :D :D .

My 1/2 chiller is doing great. It is running between 79.0-80.7.
This is what I have set the controller at
F
D1
C1

Is this OK?

Zul

The Apprentice said:
I would hope so, Zul I run mine just a little cooler at 77 DEG. I have read and seen this Temp posted alot. A 1/2 HP chiller is quite the Monster you should never have any problems with heat! have a good evening my friend...Jeff
P.S. saw the Pictures that Orange shoulder is very nice looking, your going to have post some shots!

Jeff,

I have 7 tangs and other fishs.

TANGS
Tennetti Tang 8"
Lopezi Tang 7"
Orange Shoulder Tang 6"
Blue eyed Tang 5"
Dussemmeri Tang 5"
mimic Tang 4"
Ocean Tang 3"

OTHER FISHES

Lryetail Anthias