Setting up a aquapod 24

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

machine646

Im gonna be setting up a aquapod 24 tonite,im getting it tonite,its been running for over a year,its running till i pick it up tonite so the sand and media will be fine and kept wet,I have a 20long that ive had problems with the water quailty so im gonna take it down,im stumped the guy i got the aquapod from was trying to help me figure whats going wrong with the water both of us are stumped.i thought i loved reefs befor ,once i saw his 125g man its beauitful.how are these tank overall? im gonna use it as a fowlr tank.im gonna go alot more reading on reefs before i go for it again.I think i reushed along to much.I wanted to say thank you to everyone that spent there time on here trying to help me.the next reef im gonna set up is gonna be a 125 with 55g sump/furge.any advice on the aquapob? also what watt and how many mh would i need for a 125reef,i wanna be able to keep anything.

Can't wait to see pics as you set it up!! Are you moving all of your livestock from your 20 over to the aquapod too? What do you have in there now??

Eventhough your 20 is struggling, be sure to give the aquapod a little time to cycle before you put your critters in there - even a couple of hours during transportation some stuff will die off, and cause a mini-cycle :)

Aquapods rock!! I had a 24 gal aquapod I did a bit of DIY to. I'll post some pics for you later when I get to a pc. As for a 125 gal, I always wanted one. Love the look of 6th tanks!! Good luck with the pod. Just take it slow and allow the tank time to settle and balance. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I transported the aquapod we kept it half full and brought a little extra tankwater,I let it go for a week put my livestock in right away the guy I got it from had way more fish than me,the water per are great ammonia 0ppm nitrites 0ppm nitrates at 20ppm gonna work on them to get to zero,my questions are ,I hear the stock pump isent good enough what would be a good one also would a skimmer be good for this tank or would I be good with a 5 g wc weekly,I took down the 20l that I was having issues with and I'm just focusing on this tank,I really want to get the biocube led mod I've heard it fits the pod no problem.anyone ever try this ?

I also wanted to thank all of you for all you help and input,with my last tank,it was a loosing battle and figured I'd just start over and keep reefing up,any good books anyone would rec?

Take a peek at your other aquapod thread. I posted some links to my old one and some mods you can do. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back