setting up a nano but lots of ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

At night, your ph usually falls a little. It's a gradual change like I said. It may be 8.3 during the day and fall to 8.1 or so at night. Depending on how buffered your water is, it may even fall a bit more. It's really nothing to worry about. If it were, the biocube/nanocube and other nano makers would have a light at night in the back chambers. A drastic change of .2 ph can stress a fish/coral, a gradual change is easily taken.

ok cool thanks. so what is the reason for putting LR rubble and sand in your fuge? as i understand it cheato helps control trates and ammonia, but whats the point of the rubble and sand?

ok cool thanks. so what is the reason for putting LR rubble and sand in your fuge? as i understand it cheato helps control trates and ammonia, but whats the point of the rubble and sand?

I wouldn't put any sand in the fuge/return one of these setups. The rubble acts just like the LR in the display. In a 5.5g, you can only put so much live rock in a 12" display area. I didn't cram the return section with LR, I just put a couple pieces about the size of a golf ball in there. You chaeto by the way should only be taking out excess nitrates and phosphates. The ammonia gets taken in too quickly by the bacteria for the chaeto to process it.

Back