Severe problem (i think!)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

joker577

I dropped a small razor blade into the tank and now I can't find it! Need help!

What size tank is it? If you know the approximate location, then do what delemi says with the magnet. Otherwise, beware when you are reaching in your tank :shock:.

PHEW! It had fallen and before I could find where it was I guess it had just flew right over to the koralia magnet and got stuck...got it!

Actualy, iron is sometimes a limitting factor for macroalgae growth.

Actualy, iron is sometimes a limitting factor for macroalgae growth.

Don,
Could you expand on this statement please? Are you saying lack of iron is a limiting factor? I have one tank where my chaeto grows great and another where it struggles to survive and have been trying to figure out why.

If you do a search, you should be able to find postings in which people started supplementing iron, and their macroalgae started doing better.

Unfortunately, hair algae also does better (at least in my experience).

talking about rust i have just took out my heater my 300W Titanium Aquarium Heater to give it a clean and i can not beleave how much rust is on it i am going back to my lfs and asking why it has gone like that:(

You have rust on a titanium heater? I had two in my tank for two years and they never rusted! They had coraline all over them but never rust. Isn't that kinda the idea?

Back