Shane's DIY LED Project with lots of help!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well this is what I am thinking. I am just going to get myself a Kessil and a Gooseneck. I need to get new Lighting soon and I honestly don't have the time Energy for a DIY project. My leg is taking so much longer to heal than I thought it would.

I had a Dr appointment yesterday and my bloodworm shows the infection is about 80% contained. I am on the correct medication and am on the right track. However, it will still take more time. I am doing pretty well considering. Working Full time again and adjusting to a Desk Job. I never thought I could do it, but my Body has forced me to.

I truly appreciate all of the help and suggestions, ideas, and offers to help me. The Reefing community is Truly Amazing.

I have since set myself up a small 8 gallon and will post a few pics and start a thread soon.

Well those lights are freakin sexy. We are doing one for over the solana...
I am so glad you are feeling better:)
Becca

I guess I should have specified that..lol.

I am going with the A350. The Gooseneck is on back order on Marine Depot, But they Atleast have it. Salty's did not even look like they carried the Neck. Marine Depot has a few things that I need so I will order mine thru them and only pay for shipping once:)

I decided against the gooseneck because in order to get the light centered with the Solana it's only going to be about 6"-8" from the water surface. Raising it up will minimize the intense light this thing puts out and I believe the spread will be better. They recommend it be at lest 12" above the tank anyway. I hope it works out for ya! Can't wait till mine gets here too!

I hope it works out with the gooseneck mounted on the back of the tank. If not, I will somehow utilize the neck somehow in a DIY. I just can't really suspend the light. Thanks for the tips!

Freaking fantastic Shane. Can't wait to see this over your tank. Thank you for being the guinea pig for us :D See you at the meeting tomorrow.

Sent by Eric on his boat anchor for a phone

nice so when do you get them bud. i have been to Eric's house and saw his led's. makes me want to get them.

Thanks guys!! I paid for them on Friday night and will hope to see the shipment by next weekend I hope. I will get a few pics of my set up when it's picture worthy:)

Back