Shark egg

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Coralczy

So I posted this in the other forum I'm a member of to but want as much feedback as possible. I have a shark egg hanging in my frag tank. I have a 8 foot tank ready for him to move into after hatching. Thing is I know the real challenge is getting them to eat after they hatch. I have fine sand in my frag tank so I was thinking about taking everything out of the tank and keeping him in there until he gets use to taking food. Was also thinking about putting inserts in to round the corners. My frag tank sits right next to my chair so it makes it easy to keep a eye on the little guy. Was just wanting to know what others think. Thanks.

Yes, on the rounding of the corners. I learned that on "Tanked", otherwise they can bump their nose and it can lead to hurting the shark. I personally would leave him/her in the frag tank until he is eating food, a lot more control. Take that for what it's worth, just my opinion.

Rounded corners are only needed for requiem sharks and even that is not necessary. There is a member here who built a huge shark tank without rounded corners.

I figure since my shark was so small when I got him that it will be atleast another couple months until he is ready to come out.

So I'm use to having eels find there way to my house to live out there lives but tonight we are picking up a 8in bamboo shark to give a forever home to. Looks like I will have two sharks once my little egg hatches. Ill get a pic up tonight of the new guy when we get him home. Looks like ill be making plans soon to build a large shark tank for the unwanted. Lol

So I'm use to having eels find there way to my house to live out there lives but tonight we are picking up a 8in bamboo shark to give a forever home to. Looks like I will have two sharks once my little egg hatches. Ill get a pic up tonight of the new guy when we get him home. Looks like ill be making plans soon to build a large shark tank for the unwanted. Lol

You will have to open the Coralczy Aquarium of Rainier and charge admission so you can afford to feed all of these critters.

You have no idea how right you are. Lol. We are already talking about setting up the 300g tote just for the sharks.

WOW, I would hate to try and tote that baby around. Have fun and best of luck with your shark egg and new arrival.

So I caved and bought another shark egg today. Lol. With our plans of building a shark tank I figured it would be fun to hatch two of these little guys and enjoy them for their entire life span. The first egg is doing great and the little shark is growing like a weed. He's all banded and is slowly getting cramped inside the egg. Hopefully he will hatch out in the next month but being patient and letting nature do what it does.

So I have some exciting news. One of my sharks hatched tonight. And even better it ate a piece of squid!!! Here's a pic of my new baby. I am so excited!!!!:whoo:

Back