Shipping to Hawaii

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

sjw87

Hey everyone,

I had someone interested in a fish I had, but they live in Hawaii. I thought they had strict guidelines with importing live fish. This is just 1 fish, does anyone know of any laws or regulations for shipping into Hawaii?

Steven

I read on a website (maybe MDL) that they wont ship to Hawaii because of these rules and regs, but im now sure how they stated it excatly, would definatly get a clear answer from someone who knows what they are talkin about before you did thou

Well... I know that most stuff from fiji, tonga, etc. goes through hawaii. But I'm not quite sure on final destination there. It would also depend on if it's natural species, as they are a tropical island I am not for sure on whether they would disallow it for risk of invasive species.

I know there are a few people on here that previously have lived in HI, so maybe they would know, in the meantime, I'll go look a bit.

-Josh-

Steven that's a good question. I'll send out a couple of PMs and see if I can get more info for you.

I used to live on Oahu and worked at a large wholesale/retail marine store.
At the time, most fish were allowed in, Lionfish were not. Inverts of any type were a no-go, under any circumstances.

Check out this website for more info on importation of critters to Hawaii.

http://www.hawaiiag.org/hdoa/pi_pq_animal.htm

Nick

Back