Should i buy this HOB skimmer?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

well that will depend on how long until you can get them. i notice on saltycritter you can preorder, but i need a skimmer.....yesterday.

I hear ya man, i'd just hate to get the earlier model and then see how much better the second generation is.

I've got one on preorder @ SaltyCritters. In talking to them, the next generation H2 which they're due to start shipping late December, will have a wider hang-on thingie. I *think* they said it would now work with 1" lips, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Give them or Warner Marine a call to confirm.

[Edit: Oops... see you already posted the question in Warner Marine's forum. Glad to see my memory didn't fail me and 1" is the new lip width!]

Last edited:
I've got one on preorder @ SaltyCritters. In talking to them, the next generation H2 which they're due to start shipping late December, will have a wider hang-on thingie. I *think* they said it would now work with 1" lips, but I can't remember off the top of my head. Give them or Warner Marine a call to confirm.

[Edit: Oops... see you already posted the question in Warner Marine's forum. Glad to see my memory didn't fail me and 1" is the new lip width!]

here is my e-mail from WM.

The wider bracket (1.0") models will be out in mid-January

Jon Warner
Warner Marine

so i don't know why SC states they will be shipping out in december??

Can't say why, but my 11/21 email from SC said WM would start drop shipping in about 5 weeks, which puts it at the end of December. Jon just might be padding things a little, or there was a delivery slip that SC hasn't heard about yet.

No biggie if it's late... I'm not in a big hurry for it.

Luke,

Could the Bermuda Rogue be improved by making a collection cup with a larger neck? If so, how difficult would it be to make such a skimmer cup?

Thanx,

GAry

Gary it would be very difficult to do. It would be much easier to extend the neck than to make it wider. This would help the rogue a ton. Thats its largest drawback. If i were to make the rogue i'd have made it 4" deep and the neck 3x5" oval. And have it be a few inches taller. This would allow you to run a nice pump to pull some real air.

Back