• Keep it

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Move it on out

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Frag it all up

Votes: 9 32.1%

• Total voters

DlBerlin

I have a HUGE Plating Hydnophora. It's taking up a massive amount of my tank and i am considering getting rid of it.It's over 22" wide x 16" tall x 15" deep. It's very cool and amazing in size but...
I keep thinking of all the corals i could have if it wasnt there.
What would you do?
Remember this is an 8' long tank
fulltank.jpg

hydno.jpg

hydnoside.jpg

Thanks!
It's not stuck to the back-just leaning on it. It grew up the back of my 180 and for awhile it looked like it was attached but it wasnt. It had reached the top of the tank in the 180-thats why it's kinda straight across the top, but it's growing out some now.
Just upgraded to the 300g in march.

Thanks-lots of hard work into it!
I think I'm just itching for a change. I've had that peice for several years-about 6yrs. I think. Grew it from an eraser sized speck of flesh on a dead acro branch. Now I know what happened to the acro!

Turbinaria reniformis- yellow scroll
I love that one-bright yellow underside and growth edge

I think maybe I have to keep it.
It just seems blasphemous to chop it up and I know I cant sell it whole.
I have other "less desirable" corals I can swap out to make room for new stuff.

Yeah, I'd keep it. It's sets your tank apart and if you swap it out for more corals then you would have as much individuality with your tank...Looks great!

LoL, bug off Clayton, i just wanted to know what she used for flow, and what equipment she was runnin, oh are those MH's? does she run a sump and a critter list would be nice too, geesh, give me a friggin break here!

I know you posted you will be keeping it, however, I voted to move it on out. BUT, only if you can find someone to take the whole thing and not chop it to pieces. It looks really cool, and in the right sized tank, will look just as good. Maybe keep a little piece for yourself. Otherwise, keep the whole thing, until it starts to take up even more real estate. Beautiful tank!

Jiddy said:
LoL, bug off Clayton, i just wanted to know what she used for flow, and what equipment she was runnin, oh are those MH's? does she run a sump and a critter list would be nice too, geesh, give me a friggin break here!

Nevermind i found your website with all the stats :rolleyes:

Yeah-websites a little outdated. Havent had time to redo it with buying/starting the business. I need to get some new pics up now that things have settled in more.
I decided to get rid of my 2 Tri-color acros and a few other things. i miss my LPS corals! I think I will stick to Monti's and Milli's and my staghorn. Acro's just arent my thing-terrible I know!

Well get you site updated or i will have to bug you! LoL, what part of MI you from? I used to live in Wyoming, know where that is?

I've heard of it-Grand Rapids area isnt it?
I'm down near Jackson-about 30 miles south of Lansing.

Back