shout from the locals

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Welcome back J, you planning on a new tank anytime soon? The last meeting we had there was only about ten of us there, hopefully it gets better:)

Hey Jake, yes indeed we are planning on a new tank very soon. This one will be three digits :D

10 people is more than the last meeting casey and I went to, so that's promising. Wheres the new meeting place at, or is there still some kind people willing to share their homes with us? :p

You were the last of the North Idahoeans "the J".All the rest are gone or sandbaggen.Lol.Let me know when you're ready to do that triple didget thing.

Sup fellow reef nerds!? I have been out of the scene for a while since breaking down the ol 58. How is everyone doing? Meetings going well?

I prefer the term "geek". I am a computer geek and a reef geek. Nerds is an old fashioned term and paints a pick of cowlicks and tape holding your glasses together in my mind. :)

HAHAHAAA

NERDS!!!!

revenge-of-the-nerds.jpg
94359__nerds_l.jpg

lol, yea yea, geeks...

Sid, this is the Spokane JERROD, from idaho (not one of the two living on the base) ;)

ecobalance, I got some plans, Casey and I are planning to stop by the shop soon and visit

Brandy, I too am a computer geek, I apologize for my derogatory old school nerd reference... I should have known better :p

Saw my name on jake65's list of locals and thought I'd chime in, even though we don't have a tank up and running ATM. Broke everything down until we decide when and/or if we're making a move out of state, but are still very much addicted to saltwater tanks.

We're Anna and Tom, in Spokane over on south hill, and we switched over to saltwater about 3 years ago. We have two 55 gal tanks, a 29 gal quarantine (which we were thinking about turning into a refugium for one of the 55 gal when we set back up), and a 5 gal nano. Glad to know there are so many other reefers in the area.

Hello all, Ernest here.
I am fairly new to the spokane/northern US. just moved here in November from San Antonio, Tx.

Hello Ernest. Since we moved up here about two years ago from a little town near Tulsa, Oklahoma, I have to ask - did you enjoy this past winter as much as we did? ;) I don't think we'll ever fully adjust to the cold. Our neighbors make fun of us in the spring when they're outside in shorts and t-shirts and we're still wearing jackets and down vests. Bright side is that when summer comes and they're sweating and complaining how hot it is, it's our turn to make fun of them. :lol:

Hello Ernest. Since we moved up here about two years ago from a little town near Tulsa, Oklahoma, I have to ask - did you enjoy this past winter as much as we did? ;) I don't think we'll ever fully adjust to the cold. Our neighbors make fun of us in the spring when they're outside in shorts and t-shirts and we're still wearing jackets and down vests. Bright side is that when summer comes and they're sweating and complaining how hot it is, it's our turn to make fun of them. :lol:

Oh yes I have to say we just loved the winter, me being from Texas and my wife from Mexico, NOT. Though I have to say either its the fact that I smoke or I have just gotten that use to the military life style but people have been trying to figure out why I have been walking around in shorts and a jacket. My wife just thinks I am nuts and I think she is right. Sad to say I would rather be in Iraq than have to deal with this cold again.

Ohhh come on we just got a skiff of snow this year ...NO NO really .But I guess that hailing gun fire and road side bombs are allot warmer than snow riddled.Moronic driving spokanites....Ha might actually be safer ....

Back