Show me your FISH :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

First pic of my new friend :)

019.jpg

tag, that triggger pic is super sharp..
very well done
I am still trying to learn this damn camera and fish..

tag, that triggger pic is super sharp..
very well done
I am still trying to learn this damn camera and fish..

Which trigger pic? My personal favorite is the one with the reflection because I took it with the underwater enclosure my fiancee got me.

Taking good fish pictures is definitely one of the harder shots to get in a fish tank (along with the surprisingly difficult FTS), but I've picked up a few tricks along the way.

1.) If your camera has it always use a "tracking autofocus". I don't know what the correct term, but on my camera (Rebel T1i) I can set the auto focus to lock on wherever it is at when I push the shutter halfway down or a mode that is constantly reevaluating based on whatever autofocus point you have chosen.

2.) Always focus on the fish's eyes. If the rest of the picture is perfect but the eyes are out of focus it will look boring. Don't worry about rule of thirds, just center the eye in the frame and crop to taste afterwards.

Which trigger pic?

2.) Always focus on the fish's eyes. If the rest of the picture is perfect but the eyes are out of focus it will look boring.

Good suggestion. Didnt think about that. Bet thats easier said than done too!

The reflection pic was my favorite pic too. That fish is really pretty and that was a great shot. IMO

Back