Show off your clownfish!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Faciosity

reefer
I know there's a lot of cool clowns out there, and I just got a new one. So let's see what you've got!
Here's mine

DSCN4322.jpg

DSCN4323.jpg

DSCN4319.jpg

I hope there wasn't a thread like this somewhere already, I couldn't find one. Should we start one for tangs too, or has that been done?:noidea:

First and second photos are of a female Ocellaris clown swimming under a very larger umbrella leather and then also in the umbrella leather. The third photo is of my little gold striped maroon clown. He is finally really getting his yellish/gold stripes coming in now a days. This photo was from a few months ago.

Cheers,
Alex

Under-the-Umbrella.jpg

IMG_0051.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

Last edited:
I do like the Maroon's. I had true perc's for a while and they were cool but now I want a more aggressive clown for a carpet anemone. Maroon's are good for that huh? Nice pic's you guys\gals.

My female Black Occellaris, in her RBTA

3926038235_675962b3e6_z.jpg

Percula in Angie's Nano. Difficult to photograph, due to the curved glass. Grrr

3489224180_12ff4d8b8b_b.jpg

3443632286_401234b79d_z.jpg

The frogspawn she hosts.

3706228176_5cb93541f7_z.jpg

Gold Striped Maroon female.

3059492634_8bb6618d0e_z.jpg

The same Black Occellaris, from above, when it was in our 46, along with her male partner.

3036209349_9311dba01b_z.jpg

Last edited:
I do like the Maroon's. I had true perc's for a while and they were cool but now I want a more aggressive clown for a carpet anemone. Maroon's are good for that huh? Nice pic's you guys\gals.

Yes, Maroons are probably one of the more agressive of the clownfish/damsel species. Even those my little maroon clownfish doesn't have a mate he sometimes bites me for no reason and his nips are a bit more painful than those of my female Ocellaris.

Yes, Maroons are probably one of the more agressive of the clownfish/damsel species. Even those my little maroon clownfish doesn't have a mate he sometimes bites me for no reason and his nips are a bit more painful than those of my female Ocellaris.

Crazy. Yeah I want a pair of gold stripped maroons. But I worry with a shark in the tank.

I really like the Aussie blacks, I had action at a pair that was completely black with white stripes and yellow side fins. I should have snagged them when I had the chance but I was new to reefing.

They seem to be getting along much better. When I first released the new Black Perc the True Perc came over and snatched it right up carrying it in it's mouth around the tank. I thought, "Well that's some expensive live food." Now they are showing typical (from what I've read) dominante/submissive behavior. I had the black perc isolated for a few hours and the true perc didn't have any interest in it after 20 minutes or so but when I let it out of the container it was like a great white on a seal.

Finally got some really good ones of my new clown. My 2 1/2 year old daughter calls him "Halloween Nemo" because he is orange and black.

IMG_0736.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

IMG_0663.jpg

Back