Show off your clownfish!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I was trying to get as close as possible a shot without a macro lens ( which I don't have anyway) and thought this one was about as close as I could get. The babies were from three hatches, born august and september 2010, and are now most are 1/2 inch long. I combined the hatches a few months ago, there was some bickering at first but now they all get along fine. This shot I call "count the ocellaris"

Amazing!!! They're so cute!

I have a new clown! She is half plain 'ol ocellaris and half wyoming white. Too new to name her yet, but am thinking of pairing her with one of the babies since she is still quite small herself. Unless I come across a very white snowflake ocellaris! (thinking I could get a few very nicely marked babies) Any idea for a name?

Here are my old Clarkii with the rose bubbletip anemones. I no longer keep it but while I did it was lots of fun. She was a monster and took pleasure of taking pieces of flesh from my arms...
IMG_5459copy_original.jpg

And this is A.periderion that used to live in my old 75g tank with the H.crispa
IMG_5359_original.jpg

i saw some clowns you probably dont see very often. they were platinum clowns and i think she said they were like $150 each! very pretty but very spendy! next time im in the store ill get a pic of them.

Here are my old Clarkii with the rose bubbletip anemones. I no longer keep it but while I did it was lots of fun. She was a monster and took pleasure of taking pieces of flesh from my arms...
IMG_5459copy_original.jpg

And this is A.periderion that used to live in my old 75g tank with the H.crispa
IMG_5359_original.jpg

Well, well, well, another old familiar voice :):)
Love the pics Gene, thanx for sharing my friend.

Well, well, well, another old familiar voice :):)
Love the pics Gene, thanx for sharing my friend.

Hi Charlie! :)

It's been a while when I actually felt like posting, or visiting a reef bulletin board even.... Case of serious burn out, I guess.

PS. here's better image of the old battle axe. I swore off keeping clownfish....lol

IMG_6932_filtered1copy_original.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Charlie! :)

It's been a while when I actually felt like posting, or visiting a reef bulletin board even.... Case of serious burn out, I guess.

I know exactly where you are coming from there Gene. All the garbage that went on at the other place really took it's toll. Anyways, it is good to hear from you. Do you still have a tank up and running?

I know exactly where you are coming from there Gene. All the garbage that went on at the other place really took it's toll. Anyways, it is good to hear from you. Do you still have a tank up and running?

Yeah, I still have my 110g tank but it is fish only tank with aiptasia farm blooming. Waiting for spring time to take it apart and maybe start fresh.
Anyway, I hate to take this thread off topic... ;) Big Mike may raise an eyebrow or both...lol

PS. To all that keep clownfish, you need to go all out and make them feel at home with dedicated tank that maybe looks like that...:biggrin1:

IMG_4926_original.jpg

Last edited:
Thought Id join In!

Great photos, I'm just two days as member of RF. Here are some pics of my GMaroons.

Attachments

• gMClowns3.jpg
    gMClowns3.jpg
    99.1 KB
Yeah, I still have my 110g tank but it is fish only tank with aiptasia farm blooming. Waiting for spring time to take it apart and maybe start fresh.
Anyway, I hate to take this thread off topic... ;) Big Mike may raise an eyebrow or both...lol

PS. To all that keep clownfish, you need to go all out and make them feel at home with dedicated tank that maybe looks like that...:biggrin1:

IMG_4926_original.jpg

Im already complaining when I have my RBTA reached 25 heads. But my goodness, I love your tank more! How many heads in that pic? or maybe you lost count?

Also, what lighting? feeding sched? and what type?

Amazing!

GReat pictures everyone!
I did real well raising a pair of Amphiprion akindynos. They spawned a lot but never successfully, so I gave them to Woodstock last year. Hopefully she can get some breeding going on with them.
Here are a few shots of them. They hosted a clam also :)
You can see the juveniles tails in the fist picture. They were a lot small then that when I got them.
akindynos.jpg

010-1.jpg

050-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nana,

That is so neat! I think my Aussie Black and true Perc have paired up. Too many other tankmates if they did mate so I doubt anything would make it. That's got to be neat during feeding time.

Back