Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Picture3001426.jpg

Picture3001384.jpg

Picture3001428.jpg

Picture3000803.jpg

Picture3000474.jpg

Picture3000409.jpg

great thread! im going to do a "display" type fuge as soon as i get rid of the current inhabitants. it will be a 29g on a stand next to the main tank with a small pond pump hidden in the overflow to feed it and gravity returning it to the sump. this thread is exactly what i needed to get some ideas.

kinghokus
what livestock are u going to keep in your fuge to make it a dispaly that is a really nice idea i would like to set one up but dont have the room with a sumpless setup

suggestions........

NO sand or rock in the sump. just cheto.. and let it grow...

lgihting on the sump, Im just useing 2 13watt t5's from nova

my lfs sells them for 20 bucks a pop

"what livestock are u going to keep in your fuge to make it a dispaly that is a really nice idea i would like to set one up but dont have the room with a sumpless setup"

I havent thought too much about it really. maybe some mangroves, tons of chaeto and possibly a seperate section for xenia just to be different. i dunno. i still have to diy the drilling of the tank. thats the big hurdle at the moment. im really in no rush. all of my params are zero so this is just for fun at the moment.

here is mine i just got done framing it together and just filled it up so I still have to throw some life in there not sure what I will put yet might even do a species specific type thing I dont know yet
new1.jpg

Thanks I have another thread on here with more pictures the title is "a little do it yourself"

Heres my fuge/sump this was taken after the first month that my tank was running it looks much thicker now and hardly any Long hair algae.

Back