Show Your Skimmer Cups

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

here are some pics from my Octopus NW200

Hey Ron, have you done any mods on that skimmer? How long in between cleanings to get that kind of sludge? I'm looking at upgrading my skimmer to an Octopus DNW-150 or an NW-200. I see that you're running the 200 on your 125. How's that working for you?

-David

Hey Ron, have you done any mods on that skimmer? How long in between cleanings to get that kind of sludge? I'm looking at upgrading my skimmer to an Octopus DNW-150 or an NW-200. I see that you're running the 200 on your 125. How's that working for you?

-David

that is about a weeks worth of skimmate..i am pleased with the skimmer..it works well for my tank....it really depends on your bioload..i have a BB tank as well... i think that cuts back on some of the gunk that would build up...also, i never really found out what the best height would be for the overflow pipe on the skimmer..it might do better if i adjusted it:confused:
I'm extremely jelous !!!! .
Gaby, if you want some that bad, i can mail you some in a bowl!!!!!!! LOL

that is about a weeks worth of skimmate..i am pleased with the skimmer..it works well for my tank....it really depends on your bioload..i have a BB tank as well... i think that cuts back on some of the gunk that would build up...also, i never really found out what the best height would be for the overflow pipe on the skimmer..it might do better if i adjusted it:confused:

Good info Ron, thanks!

OK here is the Skimmer in my 180 Gallon Reef
IMAG0029.JPG

DSC00378_Large_Medium_.JPG

DSC00379_Large_.JPG

Now I am trying to brake in a new Prototype skimmer from ETSS it is a dual Down Draft Reef Devil.
DSC00393_Small_.JPG

o.k. here's a pic of the ATI bubblemaster 250 at work, this is 24-26 hrs of skimmate!!!!
the third pic is of the ATI bubblemaster 150 after 24-26 hrs on our coral quarantine tank, there's nothing in that tank but some live rock!!

these skimmers kick ass!!!!

Back