Shrimp bothering my Anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cubalz

Ever since I put in a Sebae anemone in my tank my Peppermint shrimp will not leave it alone. They are constantly walking on it and picking at it. I really think that it is bothering the anemone as it is constantly on the move. It eats well and everything, I am just worried that they will eventually kill it. Has anybody had this problem before? What should I do?

Feed the tank before you feed the anemone. That way, the fish and shrimp, hermits, etc will have something to eat, while you then feed your anemone.

- Elmo ;)

Follow Elmos advice it should take care of the problem. If not then its the shrimp that will have the problem.

good luck

Mike

peps can be a pest to anamones and LPS coral, they are scavangers and will try to force the critter to release or regurge the food so they can have it. i had to get rid of mine, every time i fed the brain coral they went and danced on it untill it spit up the food and they stole it.

i just always toss in a small piece of shrimp for my pep. shrimp and he scurries off with the shrimp to a corner of the tank and eats it. then i feed the rest of my tank.

Back