Shroom q?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

blk822822

It's only money, RIGHT?
I have a red mushroom and a ,I think superman ,mushroom(red with blue spots) .I got these on a trade and they have been in my tank for about a week and they are still kinda scrunched up. I have a rock with like 15 green mushrooms that did the same thing for 2 months. Am I needing to put them in different light( I have them on the bottom with alittle current) . I am running 2x250mh 20ks with 4 x54watt actinics. And the light is like probly 30" above them. I dont know, I though it was iodine so I got some and a test kit and added to the proper level and they are still the same, my torch and goniopora liked it though. I really want a bunch of different mushrooms but not if they ar all smooshed up all the time. I dont want to get any more till I figure out what is wrong. My sps ,anemones, zoas, clam and xenias are great, just the shrooms.I hope its not the little bit of current on them, really have no dead spots in my tank to put them if it's current.

Hey Bill, I have the same issue with adding shrooms to my tank. They seem to only do well in the most shaded areas of my tank. I run 440w of VHO 2ea Super Actinic & Actinic White + 30w std 20K. Rics are the only ones that like it out in the open (bottom)

Todd

yea i got some nice rics ,put then in the middle and they bleached out and fell off the rock. I have one very small ric. that is doing ok but not getting any bigger.

Light

My parents have a large selection of mushrooms thanks to "donations" over the years. They have a 55g with a six bulb T5 and when it was first installed there was a mass movement of the mushrooms, even with acclimation. Now, they have mushrooms growing on the bottom of almost every rock in the tank!

If the parameters are somewhat close, these guys are pretty hardy -- which is probably a warning as well. They are kind of like xenia, pretty but you end up with many of this little friend.

Back