Sick Niger Trigger?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well I tentatively have some good news....after the last water change when all the other fish were hiding, I saw a fishy zooming all over the tank...coming up to the top and spitting water at us....guess who?! I'm hoping this means that he's feeling better....fingers crossed....will post some parameters a little later and maybe try for some pics as well :)

Very good news. You probably dont have to check ALL the parameters, but absolutely be checking amonia. Also, do you check magnesium? Found out the hard way its pretty important also. I got my mag in check and the whole tank overall looks much better.

That's awesome, he sounds to have a cool personality... Mine wont spit at me but he loves to nibble on my fingers for some reason... it startles me when he does. Keep up the feeding with a good meaty food. Mine also likes clams and krill.

Hi everyone, well....I have some sad news. It seems like all that playful behavior was his last hurrah. :( Funny how we really didn't know his personality until he was on his way out. We found him on Sunday morning. By far the biggest and best personality in our tank. Since the second water change the parameters are very close to perfect and all our other fish are doing well. Thanks to all of you for the help. You were all so wonderful and supportive that I wish he had made it just so that u guys could see how great all your advice and tips were. I think maybe something happened to him since the power outage and he just wasn't the same.

:( sorry for your loss. As stated before sometimes these thing just happen. Things out of our control causes and creates only more questions to which no answer exists.

Power outages are hard and I've heard about and seen complete tanks crash due to extended power outages.

aww so srry for youre loss must be a hard 1 as u tried all you could do. u did your verry best. could of been a defect in the fish will never know. so srry.

Very sorry for your loss.
It really is unpredictable. And most cases, by the time you know something is wrong, its too late. Its not like they can tell you where it hurts, you know!
Just do your best at keeping your water parameters good and give them the best environment to live it that you can.

So sorry for your loss. My naso did the same thing. Swam all over the tank then got sick all over again but 10x worse. Completely covered. Saw him breathing real hard and narely able to stay upright, so i did the humane thing and froze him. Real hard thing to do.

Hey you guys.....thanks again for all the support. Funny thing how u can get so attached to fish. Lol. I got some weird looks when people heard I was upset over my fish dying. Anyways I guess u guys understand how it is. Non-fish people don't really realize that fish can be so personable. My fiancé called our fish guy and told him what happened, and it just so happens that in his last shipment of fish he got a Niger Trigger and a Dog-Faced Puffer.....my two favorites! They are in quarantine still but as soon as they're ready to be sold...they are ours. :)

Oh, thats great!
good luck with them and of course, you must post pics!
Start a new thread in the members showcase forum and keep us updated.

Hi Pisces and Pandora, for sure I will post pics and absolutely i will quarantine them :) Thanks again to all of u. xxx

Back